damaged laminate floor

Hi Masona

Your right that more and more people are becoming aware of the health benefits of wooden flooring is one of the reasons that there is an tremendous increase in sales the last few years.

But I don't think that's the reason for introducing the click-systems in laminated flooring. That, in my opinion, is to have a new feature in this aggressive market (melamine laminated flooring) where price wars between the tow/three main manufacturers are pushing prices down to gain or keep their market segment.

Sponsored Links
WoodYouLike said:
But I don't think that's the reason for introducing the click-systems in laminated flooring.
The only thing I can think of using the click type compare to glue type is to stop the diyer's swearing :!:

Then don't come near my partner when he has to install the click-system in stead of a normal T&G ;)) ;)))

oh i agree with you on that score about the pros and cons, but i stand by what i said about the click system, being a useless cheap product with no actual thought into the practicality of laying it in anything other than a square room with one door! Ive laid many wood and normal laminate floors and i am more than happy with the methods and the results in even the most awkward of situations as you can overcome them due to the design of the product, but to get a satisfactory result on the opposite wall using a click system, youd have to take of the architraves, rads etc orr cut large gaps off of the flooring to get it to fit. In my humble opinion it is a shabby cheap product and i think it is sold in an unfair way to the unsuspecting buyer. Still i digress...but i feel better for getting it off my chest!!!!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back