damm cats.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ive heard through the grapevine that the best way to keep cats of your flower beds is to put a layer of chipped bark down, they don,t like digging through it.?anybody heard of this,??

Sponsored Links
this is what you require,
big-gun.jpg

I have heard that bark can act like a big litter tray.
Yes it does. What I had to do was lay bark to stop the weeds, then stretch out some black netting over the bark to stop any cats digging it. Seems to have worked. B&Q sell a device that you connect to the hosepipe. It has a PIR sensor and when the cat walks in range it squirts water for a few seconds. That does work.

Sponsored Links
Ban the ownership.
Special licences introduced for people living in rural areas only.

I brought this topic up some time ago, regarding this irresponsible behaviour.
Turned out to be quite an entertaining thread actually. :LOL:

Ban the ownership and 50 lashes for non-compliance, then decent people won't have to resort to spending bloody fortunes on crap anti-cat products, let alone clearing crap from their gardens on a daily basis.

Special licences ... for people living in rural areas.

Special licences for country folk ??? Not such a bad idea... Can we also have visa system for the ones wanting to enter the big smoke.

They should also be forced to wear tweed jackets and wellies so that we can spot them.

Special licences ... for people living in rural areas.

Special licences for country folk ??? Not such a bad idea... Can we also have visa system for the ones wanting to enter the big smoke..

In fairness, why would they want to ???? The visa system in this country doesn't work, hence decent Londoners like myself moved out years ago.
:LOL: You had me down as a country bumpkin.... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

They should also be forced to wear tweed jackets and wellies so that we can spot them.
Yep, the b*stards. :LOL: :LOL:

Anyway back to selfish irresponsible cat owners.......

BTW,.......... Regarding the 'licences for rural owners comment'.......... It should cost a fortune, and they only get away with ownership, based on the fact they have NO direct neighbours that have to suffer this daily disgraceful selfishness and arrogant disregard.

Ban 'em all in an ideal world.

The naturvet products have been rated highly by friends of mine but I guess in a fairer world one would be able to ask the cat owner to contribute toward the costs of any preventative products.

The problem with any successful product is that they are not just pushing the problem somewhere else. Somewhere other than the owners garden.

Perhaps responsible owners should have trays or try to coerce their cats to foul in their own gardens.

I did see this

http://www.naturaldogs.co.uk/store/...ining-aids/pet-organics-cat-allure-480ml.html

It is a spray callled Cat Allure, it is meant to attract the cat to a given area but I don't know if it is ment to convince cats to use a given area or to just make them like to hang out in a given area.

Perhaps the OP could use a product like pet stopper to put the cats off the idea of using their garden and then spray cat allure on next door's garden...

Dogs are just as bad when they are not barking they are attacking people and their owners houses smell

Just about had it with cat in my garden. Tried a few remidies, pepper and vinegar, to no avail.
Chilli power with garlic power has now been used. Will set a temp camera up and see if that works.
Have now found where the owners live, apparently the little sons cat!
So a crossbow bolt is not an option :p

Must admit its now getting to be a bore. Netting, hmmm next thing I suppose with a bill to the owners! Sick of paying for others!

Admittedly I don't have a problem with cats using my garden as a poop tray. I am a little suprised by the degree of animosity toward pet ownership!!!

Sponsored Links
Back