Invading cats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alison. I will swap problems with you. Your cats for my flaming badgers!!!

Sponsored Links
Do badgers do a lot of damage then? They're not something I've ever seen here.

We don't even have rabbits round here - though my gran tells me that where there are rats, there won't be rabbits - and I think there are rats - I've heard them scurrying about in the drains and the dogs are very intent on peering down the drains, listening. I did see a ruddy huge rat wandering across the road one day - middle of the afternoon at that! We do have foxes though.

I really didn't want to cause upset to cat lovers but it's a pain in the backside the fact that they keep digging up my garden and crapping everywhere.

Badgers have what is called a "Dung Pit". Let me tell you - it stinks. They have broken through chain link fencing, torn up the lawns looking for earthworms and leather jackets and the latest is to dig down to get at the early potatoes, trampling half the vedge garden as they do so.

I agree cat carp is a pain but I am not allowed to do anything with Mr bl00dy Brock! :evil:

That sounds rather yuck. Maybe a dozen cats aren't so bad then............................... This is possibly one of these moments where you count your blessings.

Sponsored Links
Wooden BBQ skewers, 100 in a pack for about a quid. You can use these to make things unpleasant to walk on and lie about on, This worked a treat where I had moggies nestling down onto some soft heather and using it as a toilet. Obviously use some sense to avoid where a cat would fall onto them and be genuinely injured rather than just poked. But you can effectively simulate some spikey stuff they'd rather avoid.

The lion poo (Silent Roar) is quite good, but you have to look after it - i.e. keep it dry and renew every now and again. Just a little bit is needed, perhaps tied in a plastic bag with some small holes in, or sheltered under the eaves of a shed etc.

I've found the green crystals and pepper powder less useful, but if there's going to be a warm spell you can scatter the pepper powder through shrubs etc which the cats rub through.

BTW, they dislike orange tango in their fur.

Oh yes, and putting the fear of YOU into them: Get a super soaker or large bucket of water. Be nice to the cats, get them really close. Then go postal on them. They avoid coming back.

On another thread you are going to train 3 puppies, problem sorted I would say...... ;)

As I've said in another thread, I think it's time we non-cat / dog owners petitioned parliment to introduce the Hank Evans ( Me, Myself and Irene ) law..

if someones pet craps in your garden, you have the legal right to go and crap in their garden...

Oh dear, we're gonna have cat lovers all over the forum giving us hell now!

I've got a **** aim with a super soaker though my mum is like Rambo!! She has a spot on aim - pity she doesn't live with me (actually no, cancel that, I'd rather put up with the cats).

Dunno about crapping in the cat owner's garden - I'd probably get caught and arrested!! I've had people raging at me about picking up after the dogs (which I always do as I think it's disgusting if you don't) - wonder if the cat owner's would oblige by coming and clearing out my borders!

The skewers sounds like a plan - not to intentionally wound or maim, but just make it awkward for them to assume the crapping position!

And I wouldn't put my own dogs or the puppies at risk of getting their eyes scratched - plus dogs don't seem to bother the local cats anyway - hard as nails they are! :LOL:

But cat lovers - please don't go up in arms or take offence - you like your cats just as I like my dogs. I wouldn't expect a cat owner to accept my dog pooing in their garden so it's not fair to expect me to accept a cat pooing in mine.

When my neighbours complained about my cats entering their garden I suggested they could attach carpet grippers to the tops of the adjoining fences, I even offered to pay the costs. However they thought it was cruel.

**** happens, I guess :LOL:

if i ever saw a cat crap in my garden and knew who it belong too i'd have no quarms in going for a crap in their garden late one night (after a chicken vindaloo) :LOL:

You'd have to plan well in advance, it takes a considerable time to work its way through. :evil:

takes about 48 minutes for a vindaloo to go through me, or at least for the effects of it to cause whatever I ate earlier to want to make a sudden exit..

Get some rechargable batteries for the sonic scarer. It's greener and cheaper in the long run.
ebay or toolstation have some cheap D batteries from time to time.

Put nails or something at intervals along your fence(problem is obviously that you probably are only responsible for part of your fence).
Anti-cat/burglar strips are very expensive.

Don't leave uncovered ground - cover it with pruned twigs and branches

Bury any mess as soon as it appears as it only encourages more.

Hiss at the cats so they run off if they do come into your garden.

The anti-cat products, pepper, lemon etc etc are not very effective.

Cat faeces is very dangerous for children and pregnant women.
People and their pets :rolleyes:

"Having a pet is just basically saying I have tried to find love among my own species, and failed" Frankie Boyle ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back