Using Ultrasonic Units to Keep Cats Out of the Garden

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a big cat fouling problem in my back garden (usually at least once a day if not more). It got to the point where I had to get something. The pepper powder works but as soon as there was any moisture (rain, dew, watering) the cat(s) were back so that got expensive and time consuming.

I got a motion detector Ultrasonic unit. It has definately slowed it way down but I still have what seems to be one cat. Whats funny is now instead of "fouling" in the plants or other dirt areas, he does his business on the grass a few feet in front of the unit as if to say "F you" and your little machine.

Has anyone had any experience with these devices? Is that normal and will it eventually give up and go elsewhere?

It wouldn't be a huge deal with the smaller frequency except, how can I say this, the cat doesn't have a great diet and cleaning up his "business" is pretty difficult (impossible to completely remove the fouling like the manufacturers advise)

Comments?
Cheers

Sponsored Links
i got one called the big cat scarer (also works on elephants) it must be good as i have no elephants in my garden

Sponsored Links
A dog, or a gun and vigilance are I would suggest, good options.

A work colleague, 'made friends' with a problem cat, and then curteosy of a hessian sack, gave the cat a free [one way] lift to a town 16 miles away.

Apparently he was laughing like a madman on the drive home.

Anyway, google for the " Scardy Cat " plant ( Coleus canina) as this seems to be the most sucessful deterent.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back