Damp above UPVC french doors - new extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a steel-framed, lean-to extension with a Metrotile (lightweight steel framed) roof. The extension is about 3 years old.

There is a damp patch above our UPVC patio doors in the extension. It's been gradually building over months and months, no obvious drip/leak as such.

I've had a couple of roofers look at it.

One suggested perhaps we need deeper guttering on the outside (not convinced, it never overflows and never feels full). Seems an odd suggestion.

The other suggested it may be condensation and recommended popping a couple of air vent tiles in the roof to help. We currently don't have any.

Another thing we notice is a draft along the seal where the doors close into the frame. i wonder if that could create the problem?

We don't get any condensation on the windows or doors.

What could be causing this?
20180124_195933.jpg
20180124_195949.jpg
20180124_195929.jpg

Any advice as to what sort of tradesman i should get to look at it?! The original installer no longer exists and not sure who to ask.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back