Damp Corner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
Few quiestions.
When i bought my house it was suffering from rising damp in a few places and next door had built their driveway right up to the brickwork.
i have this year had the front of the house damp proofed and yesterday i started work on removing the wall paper in the back of the house.

If you look at the pictures i have added you will see that the corner the walls are still quite damp after fixing the problem with the outside driveway i thought this would fix the problem
the wallpaper was damp when i removed it from this area and its been a few months now so i can only assume its still rising.
can you recomend anything
should i also knock out some brickes from the wall that is running next to the house so they are not touching anymore?
Thanks All for you advice
MiltonKeynes-20110905-00013.jpg

MiltonKeynes-20110905-00012.jpg
MiltonKeynes-20110905-00015.jpg

Sponsored Links
I`d get that photo photoshopped quick - someone will soon be here berating you about wet washing ;)

Sponsored Links
I`d get that photo photoshopped quick - someone will soon be here berating you about wet washing ;)

The OP is OK, John D is on holiday and by the time he comes back this post will be way down the forum

You need to sort out your external pointing and blown bricks. Moisture may be coming up, but it will also be going doen and across the wall.

Or coat the external area with something like Thompsons water seal

If you find that the damp is coming up then you will need a localised injection of the wall and some vertically up that external garden wall

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back