Damp floor, might be Condensation or mopping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right I work as a club steward and in the main dance hall it as lvt flooring down that looks like wood planks any we have a problem with it drying off once it as been mopped at first we thought the cleaners where not rinsing out the mop but I have tryed it my self and it as dryed out but it as taken a long time to dry but we have left it for two days now , the floor did dry but when we checked it again tonight the floor was wet and looks like it as just been moped but it had not been , could this be down to some kind of condensation in the flooring or underneath it , bearing in mind we have never had a problem with it in the past

Sponsored Links
LVT floats so it is likely water has got under the planks and is not drying out. Might have to lift the floor worse case scenario, certainly give it time to properly dry out. The planks themselves are pretty much water proof so should be ok.

Blup

Might be a leak of water, or serious spillage from bucket

Blup

Ok I don’t want this to long winded but here we go, me and my partner have just started to run a pub/club be there 12 months we did have a problem with the cellar not being cold enough so we had the cooler fans serviced and now work great and the cellar is at the right temp as it should be , but now we are having a problem with the floor in the back part of the building where the cellar is straight under it we have what is called lvt flooring down on it which is like a vinyl floor but since we have had the cellar working right the just seems to be wet all the time like as if it as just been mopped, the ceiling of the cellar is strips of concrete beams with concrete blocks inbetween and there are some old holes here and there from previous work can this cold air be makeing the condensation on the floor above as it was never like this before we had the cooler fans working right

Sponsored Links
Condensation? The floor could be insulated from below to prevent the warm air meets cold floor issue. Are there any sources of moisture in the room above? Hot water/steam etc? Surprising to be getting condensation in this heat tho

The only heat in the room above is the room heaters but that is when the central heating but it is not on that often the room it self is like 15 meters wide by 30 meters long but the only part of it that gets wet is when the vinyl flooring is which is the first quarter of the room and that is where the cellar is straight underneath

It's not the heat in the room, but the temperature of the floor that will create the condition for cold air to condense on it. The vinyl cover will potentially be keeping moisture below it, where as previously the moisture may have been evaporating.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back