Damp garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Walls in detached garage are damp as it is built into ground on 2 sides, it's a 60's brick garage, probably double skin on wet walls, and not possible to dig out around. How about foil-backed plasterboard?? Or some magic gobo to paint on, tried cheap gloss but that didn't work.

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Walls in detached garage are damp as it is built into ground on 2 sides, it's a 60's brick garage, probably double skin on wet walls, and not possible to dig out around. How about foil-backed plasterboard?? Or some magic gobo to paint on, tried cheap gloss but that didn't work.
There are no magic surface treatments for your scenario. Foil back plasterboard controls vapour movement not water ingress.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have heard that tanking slurry is a good bet for dealing with this problem. Messy but it works.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I did paint gloss on the internal brick walls, and it lasted a good few years. I was surprised just how long it did last!! Cheap and effective (for a while) However, now is the time to try a longer solution!! Maybe i should pull the bugger down and rebuild and tank the walls??

Sponsored Links