Damp issue????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I am considering buying a house but i have found some issues in the property which i am unsure about. in this i am hoping someone out there can offer some help???

The house is a 100 year old end terrace and has some damp patches in the front wall and also one or 2 on an internal wall in the same room. i have attached a picture of the worst area of it.

any suggestions on what type of damp this is and what the treatment/rectification is would be greatfully accepted. :)

Many thanks
Steve

Sponsored Links
Check that carpet, is it wet? any damp will find its way into the floor, and given the mold showing in your pic, it would certainly show on the floor by now.
If it's all dry apart from the walls mentioned, it's more likely condensation, but do have the situation checked before you buy, if that's your intention :)

if the carpet is damp what would that indicate? i assume that its coming up through the floor and walls (rising or water penetration?), where as if its just the wall its condesation?

It looks like condensation where furniture has stood.

Sponsored Links
That is condensation spotting. That's not to say that there is not a damp problem anywhere else in addition or contributing to the condensation though

Thanks all, if that is the case its a weight off my mind. am having a full survey done anyway but didnt want to waste anybodies time if it was a no go to start with.

Many thanks again
Steve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back