Damp on chimney breast and under lounge window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if anyone can help. I live in a terraced house and have damp on the sides of the chimney breast and also under neath the lounge window. I have tried everything, replacing the dampproofing, replacing air bricks, checking the cavity but still the damp persists. However the flashing on the chimney stack has lifted on the side opposite mine and I am wondering if this could be causing the damp

Sponsored Links
Is the chimney stack internal? Most likely the two are unconnected if they are on different walls. It's worth checking the condition of the flashing pointing and flaunching on the stack up on the roof. They can let in a lot of water.

Unsued flues should be capped with a ventilated cowl at the top and vent at the base.

the stack is not internal from what I can gather, on the top between the two houses. its a mid terrace. The flashing on one side is lifted? Yes it is damp

Sponsored Links
you need to get up there or get someelse to and check the flashing pointing and most important the flaunching.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back