Damp on LARGE END TERRACE GABLE WALL

Yeah I put one for the outside and one for the inside coz I got told there both separate issues. I don’t really know how this forum works so I thought it might be easier to put them on different threads. Might of been easier to put it all on this one but I’m pretty clueless x

When do these damp stains appear? After rain, some days, some evenings? Apart from the one near the ceiling, they do seem like condensation damp.

Do you think that you have a humid house? Heating on high, washing drying in rooms, cooking steam travelling around. Be honest with yourself and think whether it could be this. Nothing wrong with that, and it may be difficult to gauge your "normal" from someone else's, but condensation from your use of the house may be a, or the factor.

The one near the ceiling may be a leak from above - bathroom, WC?

Otherwise what is on the external walls directly outside?

Sponsored Links
Damp coming through into house

just bought house. Don’t know how to tackle the rendering but it’s a disaster.

What’s easier and cheaper

chipping it all away and reporting bricks with lime mortar

or re render

can I repair the render instead and render the bits that’s came off?

I really need advice on how to tackle this.
Seems like dodgy painting. But close ups of the render or you/someone checking it for damage - and the someone should not be anyone who would be looking to do the repairs that they may recommend!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back