Damp proofing my garage walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have now decided to do my garage up as my workspace and i have noticed that it is just a single/half layer of bricks and all the original paint on the brickwork is all crumbly and i also noticed it is quite damp and i am wondering on what is the best thing to do to damp proof the walls ????

Also i need a roofer to come and sort some loose tiles and the flashings replaced on my garage roof due to the bad weather we had recently - do you know anyone that is in glasgow and is very reasonably priced ?? I did have a roofer who was meant to come and do it but he was meant to come to fix it 3 times but still has not came to do it - i thought the way things are out there for work they would of been by now to fix it .

Can any one advice me on the above topics - much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Why are the walls damp? Leaking gutter, earth too high at the base?

I used stuff called Thomson's Weatherseal to good effect years ago on this sort of problem. Assuming it's a single storey garage (!), I'd do the tiles myself; too often people are not interested in small jobs but won't say so.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back