Damp Seal Issue?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I live in a terraced house which was built at the beginning of the last century. A damp proofing course was carried out on my front and rear walls around eight years ago, however I recently noticed a few greasy looking stains appearing on the front internal wall. I liberally applied some Thomson's Damp Seal and then, when dry, a dulux emulsion. After a day a dark stain appeared around the edges which has now started to bubble. I have attached a photo and any suggestions as to what it is would be appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20200509_095701_4-2.jpg
    IMG_20200509_095701_4-2.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 190
Sponsored Links
Was the product oil-based or water-based?

Has it been raining?

You say this is a front internal wall? Do you mean the inside part of a brick cavity wall??

It's a flammable product so I would assume it's oil based. It's a stone built terraced house and I had problems with rising damp prior to the damp proofing course. It's highly unlikely that rain has anything to do with it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back