Damp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm wondering if anyone can help with my damp problem? It's above an upstairs windows and all along the top of the wall.

I've included some pics, any help or advise would be great!

b

Sponsored Links
You need to get up the ladder and see if the felt is really brittle and breaking up. It tends to do this at the eaves first. It's quite a common problem.
To put it right you have to take back some of the tiles and repair it.

Sponsored Links
No something I'll be doing then. I'm guessing I want to call a roofer rather than a damp proof company?

Roofer would be the best, take him 10 minutes to check out the felt. I'm guessing you have concrete tiles, looking through the window at the house nearby.

Couple more questions, how long would a job like this take and roughly any ideas how much a roofer would charge to carry out the work?

Not off a ladder. Minimum tower but I'd have a light scaffold put up. You will have to remove two or three courses of tiles. Trim off the crappy felt. If you're lucky you might have enough felt left to just slide the trays under. The trays are easy to fix - just pin them to the top of the fascia. If there's not enough good felt left you will have to remove the first batten and piece in a new strip of felt under the old felt and over the tray. Re-fit the batten and replace the tiles. There will be some grouting in at the ends. While you're up there paint and decorate. Make sure you don't compromise the ventilation.

Would any roofers be able to tell me how much they'd charge to fit a run of these 3 bed semi, mabe 5m obit I haven't measured.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back