Danfoss oil pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know whether it is possible to dismantle a Danfoss oil pump (Type MSLA032) to clean it - I think there must be some muck in there as nothing coming out. Any help appreciated ! :(

Sponsored Links
dont waste your time. its an old pump. replace with bfp21L3 or an R3.
get the service kit option. you might need adaptor plate.

what is the burner? there will be some numbers stamped in the body, starting with 07***** which will tell me whether you need L3 or R3.

if you swap pump , you will also need to wire in different solenoid lead

sure you got oil. like have you dipped the tank???

(I think that I may be a bit-of-a pratt !!!) I see that there's a "bleed nipple" on the top of the pump - I guess that it probably needs priming before it will pump - yes ?? !! :oops:

Yep, that was the problem (for the benefit of anyone searching this forum for the solution to THEIR problem !). This is what I did :-
I let the supply hose flow freely into a container to ensure that there was no residual foreign matter (trying to safeguard my new nozzle). Then I connected the hose to the pump. Losening the bleed nipple allowed oil to enter the pump and effectively prime it. I had already disconnected the leads to the ignition electrodes and kept them well clear of each other and anything else. Then I powered the burner on and oil spurted out from the pump outlet- I allowed it to run a few seconds to flush out any muck in the pump. I took the nozzle tube and washed it by syringing oil through it. Then, I reconnected the nozzle tube and arranged the burner so that the installed nozzle tube was vertical. This allowed me to fill the nozzle tube with oil using a syringe from the nozzle end. Finally, I fitted the nozzle and saw a small amount of oil flow from it as I did the final tightening. Effectively, the whole system was now full of oil. I fitted the assembled burner to the water jacket and powered on.
Bingo ! the burner ignited after a few seconds - and no lockout !!! :D :D :D

Hope this is of some help to somebody in my position 2 days ago, when I knew virtually NOTHING about my oil fired burner and was faced with the lock-out light ! (Nil desperandum !) ;)

Sponsored Links
i have a danfoss msla032 071b1111 which is faulty, there is a good oil supply but this is not pressurising by the pump, so im going to replace the pump.
what pump is the best to replace with.
any help will be welcomed

after deciding that the pump was not pressurizing, i left it thinking i needed a new pump. I went back to it after about 15 mins and noticed there was a leak coming from a red plastic cap/blank.

So im now a bit stumped, because if it can leak oil, it will also put air. So the pump might not be faulty.

But im not sure how to stop the leak, if it can be. Is it just a case of getting new seals or is it still the pump.

any help will be appreicated

after deciding that the pump was not pressurizing, i left it thinking i needed a new pump. I went back to it after about 15 mins and noticed there was a leak coming from a red plastic cap/blank.
[/quote]

The red cap is to stop foreign objects entering the pump until the port is plugged correctly or connected to something.

any help will be appreicated
[/quote]

Turn off the oil and get a oil boiler engineer to look at it.

the red caps have been in ever since i moved to this house, the boiler has been running fine with them in.

im thinking the o rings in the pump my be faulty, i dont want to spend alot of money on the boiler as i am changing over to gas in about three months

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back