Danfoss oil pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I've just fitted a Danfoss oil pump on a domestic burner. The boiler seems to be working just fine but the pump seems to be overheating. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
They do get pretty hot due to their location but the kero passing through keeps the internals healthy.
Which burner do you have?
John :)

Did you set it up correctly, using a pressure gauge and flue gas analyser, or did you just lob it in and hope for the best?

I don't know which burner it is but it's an old one I was hoping to keep going for a few months until some building work is complete when I am getting gas installed. There was black smoke coming out of the flue and I had a pump lying around so I just lobbed it in and hoped for the best (fixed the black smoke btw). The motor is on its way out too so I'm just going to give it up and hope the weather will get better or find a second hand burner and replace it with that. So, thanks for the replies folks but no need to keep this thread going.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Cheers Bob. Which part shouldn't be tightened too much, nozzle, oil input or pump to motor chassis? I suppose it would make sense not to tighten any of those too much.

Last edited:
I think Bob will mean the pump mounting system, usually a few allen screws. Incorrect tightening here can cause excess friction and sometimes means the motor won’t start at all.
(Sorry for the gatecrash, Bob has forgotten more than I’ll ever know (y))

Yeah, there's three allen screws. I tried to turn each the same number of times as not to mis-align the pump with the motor. The motor does work when you give it a bit of a push and will work for a time before ceasing and locking the system. I wonder if that's the reason. Ta much Burnerman.

No worries - keep those screws on the slack side......it isn’t the best engineering I’ve ever seen!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back