Danfoss RX1 - 715si hot water issue?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hope someone can help me. Last night after a power cut the hot water seems to be permanently on. The timer unit 715si, appears to be working correctly, screen visible etc, and the central heating seems to work fine, i.e when the red light is on the rads warm up as they should and the thermostat works ok with the RX1 unit i.e I can hear the RX1 unit click on and off when I change the the temp settings. However when the red lights are off for both hot water and central heating, the boiler is still active and continues to burn on and off with what I assume to be the hot water temp, know this because the bathroom radiator is continually hot. Any ideas what the problem maybe?
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Looks like I've got two of the top one... Do you think there's a problem with them?

sounds like the hot water valve microswitch is sticking on, if the valve has a dimple on the top you can just change the actuator.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for this. I just turned the system back on and as usual the boiler fired up (timer showing as off) I then pushed the lever on the hot water actuator from Auto to Manual, the heating 'noise' in the airing cupboard got quieter but the boiler continued to stay on...? Is this what you would expect from a faulty actuator? Thanks again

Without being there I cannot guarantee the switch is sticking but from what you have written I would think that is the problem.

The valve is an Danfoss HPA2. Is there anyway I could check the microswitch? Or is this a pro's only check?

Thanks

If you have a multimeter and know how to use it its easy to check if the microswitch is sticking, turn off the heating and hot water at the programmer and see if you have 240vac on the orange wire, if you have one of the m/switches is stuck on, to find out which one you have to seperate the orange wires, if your not comfortable working with mains voltage I recommend you get someone that is to check the wiring out for you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back