Danfoss tp5000si thermostat display problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Danfoss tp5000si display has all of a sudden stopped displaying the time and intstead shows only 2 dots flashing where the time normally is and also the temperature, which when i first looked was down at 5c. I moved to temp upto normal 20c and it switched on and the heating came on as normal. But it seems to be switching on and off very quicklky. I have tried all the resets from the manual and nothing happens. Tried the batteries also nothing happened. I have 2 of these thermostats in our 3 story house and the upstairs 1 is working normal, although i did recently change the lower temperature up a little bit. Will this have an affect? Any ideas?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Press the up and down button together once and see if issue resolves

Going to shut the whole system down for 10 minutes see if the issue resolves

Sponsored Links
Did you use good quality alkaline batteries?

I put rechargeable ones in. Bad idea? Going to look for good batteries, although the low battery symbol never appeared.

I’m not sure with that, but always told to use good quality alkaline ones. I have customers who try to change them for the cheap zinc batteries.

I put rechargeable ones in. Bad idea? Going to look for good batteries, although the low battery symbol never appeared.

Yep, bad idea. Rechargeables have a lower voltage than decent alkalines, so will cause a low battery warning.

OK, strange that it should need batteries - what does the manual suggest the flashing might be?
It doesn’t say anything about it, I can’t find any troubleshooting information anywhere! I think it’s wired not the system but not powered by it, because when i turn the mains off to the heating system the thermo is still on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back