Databell issue what have I done wrong (be gentle)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All,

Looking for some help / advice. I have two databells fitted on my texecom system in my new house. Bells trigger when alarm goes off etc etc however if I remove all power to the panel and the battery the bells don’t sound. I know I have done something really simply but not sure what. I was hoping one of you lovely lot can point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
not familiar with a data bell.

normally a bell doesn't sound if it not powered up, has this bell got a back up battery and has it been connected and enabled?

It’s got a battery in the bell box. It all looks connected not sure if it’s enabled. Couldn’t see anything in the distructions about enabling in. First time I’ve used this bell box and normally they have just worked. I’m sure I’ve missed something obvious

Sponsored Links
what wiring have you got, and jumper positions, photos may help see whats going on.

As I don't use these bells, if its wired as recommended and the bell battery is enabled, then I am unsure as to why its not working and I would look at doing one bell on its own first, as it often simplifies any issues.

Possibly someone else that's more familiar can help, but the photos will explain how things are at the moment regardless.

You need to move little black jumper from ext batt to int batt
This is the bottom jumper on left side of bell pcb

Thanks jo I’ve been back through the distructions and realised that’s what I missed. Like a typical man I didn’t read them all!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back