day rate for a joiner

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
I live in a small town, a qualified joiner I know who I asked to fit some doors for me on the side says his rate is £150/day

doesn't seem much, how normal is that?

Sponsored Links
I charge £150 a day for any work, do anything really, yesterday changed some lighting an emergency electrician left dangling from a ceiling, today finished some made to measure bedroom furniture, tomorrow refitting a surface shower unit I repaired, an emergency plumber removed from a bathroom wall leaving occupants with no shower.
I wonder if they are called emergency repair people because once they have been it becomes one. :confused:

I live in a small town, a qualified joiner I know who I asked to fit some doors for me on the side says his rate is £150/day

I would be very happy to pay that rate for an experienced and skilled carpenter/joiner. Perhaps he has quoted you "mates rates"

Rgds
Jack

Sponsored Links
amazing isnt it,how some people say thats a good rate,thats about what i charge and ive had a few say thats way over the top :rolleyes:

Yeah but how much to fit them on the front?

amazing isnt it,how some people say thats a good rate,thats about what i charge and ive had a few say thats way over the top :rolleyes:

Its what I'd charge. Yes people sometimes are unhappy, but rates are rates and they get what they pay for at the end of the day. 3 years at college, £1000's worth of tools, years of experience certainly don't warrant any less than that.

Simon

Depends how many doors he plans to hang, normally around £40/50 for internals.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back