De Walt Router DW625ek

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am unable to remove router bit from 1/2" collette on the above router. It is stuck. I have tried gently but firmly to prize it out with with pliers. Do not wish to ruin the bit.

Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
aparently the dewalt have a second "click" position which require you to further loosten the collet nut

so try a bit more :D ;)

As BA says the nut is loosened then after about two turns you will feel it going tight again, keep undoing it with the spanner and the collet will pop loose.

That is provided you put it in the correct way to start with. The collet should click into the nut, you then put the nut loosely onto the spindle, insetr the bit and tighten the nut while holding the spindle lock in. If you don't do it correctly it will damage the nut, collet and even the spindle :cry:

Jason

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for the correct way of removing the bit. There was no mention of the second click position in the instruction booklet that I could see.

Thanks once again .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back