1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

De Walt Router DW625ek

Discussion in 'Tools and Materials' started by anchovy, 19 Sep 2007.

1. anchovy

anchovy

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I am unable to remove router bit from 1/2" collette on the above router. It is stuck. I have tried gently but firmly to prize it out with with pliers. Do not wish to ruin the bit.

Any advice on this would be appreciated.

2. big-all

big-all

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    aparently the dewalt have a second "click" position which require you to further loosten the collet nut

so try a bit more :D ;)

3. Sponsored Links
  4. Jasonb

Jasonb

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    As BA says the nut is loosened then after about two turns you will feel it going tight again, keep undoing it with the spanner and the collet will pop loose.

That is provided you put it in the correct way to start with. The collet should click into the nut, you then put the nut loosely onto the spindle, insetr the bit and tighten the nut while holding the spindle lock in. If you don't do it correctly it will damage the nut, collet and even the spindle :cry:

Jason

5. anchovy

anchovy

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Many thanks for the correct way of removing the bit. There was no mention of the second click position in the instruction booklet that I could see.

Thanks once again .

6. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

7. Sponsored Links