Dead Horse

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Not the point. They made money out of that horse, too treat it with a bit of dignity and respect is the least they can do.
You're the one saying the animal should be treated with respect. Fair enough, if that is your belief.
But what has making money out of the animal to do with it?
Surely your desire to respect the creature should apply regardless?

You're the one saying the animal should be treated with respect. Fair enough, if that is your belief.
But what has making money out of the animal to do with it?
Surely your desire to respect the creature should apply regardless?

Off course I do. Yes I eat meat. But my 8 year old daughter is a Pescetarian and I respect her right.

I don't understand your response.

What has the animal making money have to do with whether it is treated with respect?

100's of horses die every year on race tracks every year.
Seven horses died at the Cheltenham festival, thats the bit the public don't hear about.
Jump racing is the biggest cause of equine fatalities, maybe that could be banned.

https://www-bbc-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.bbc.com/sport/amp/horse-racing/47040194?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQHKAFQArABIA==#aoh=16148145703445&referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s

How many of those 93,000 horses, do you think, would be alive today if not for racing..??

How many of those 93,000 horses, do you think, would be alive today if not for racing..??
There are 90billion chickens in the world.
Would there be so many chickens if people didn't like eating chicken.

All animals should be treated with dignity and respect and be allowed to fulfill and carry out their basic instincts. I doubt the horses within the racing industry that are not performing and making money have much of a life, and I think that is wrong.

But those that are showing potential probably do have a quality of life, being out on the gallops with all the other horses is probably just the thing if you are a horse. So I suspect the horse in the story was probably quite enjoying itself until the moment it collapsed. The fact that someone sat on it when it was dead means nothing, and for me does not indicate one way or the other that that person did not really care for horses. If its dead its dead.

Sponsored Links
Back