Dealing with mismatched bricks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our two story house is rendered from chest height up to roof level, leaving exposed brickwork from chest height down to ground level. The side of the house used to have 3 doorways into a lean-to conservatory but this was removed prior to our ownership and the doorways bricked up (with rendering to match the rest of the walls). Sadly the builder used a totally different brick to the rest of the wall and it looks ugly as hell. So I'm after ideas of what to do to make it look nicer. So far I have :
A) render down to just above DPC height. I'm not keen on this as I doubt we'll be able to match the existing rough cast render which will defeat the whole object

B) some kind of brick clad over the exposed bricks so at least the whole wall looks uniform and matched as close as possible to other walls.

C) clad with coloured composite planks. Again, not so keen on this as it will look different.

I guess with options b and c I'd need to redo the bottom of the render to extend out further to clear the cladding.

Any bright ideas anyone? Is external brixk cladding a sensible solution? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hunt for a better match and replace the ugly bricks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back