Decent timber stockists?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everybody. I wonder if anybody can advise me on a real problem I've found. I live in South Staffordshire and for some reason we seem to thin on the ground where good timber stockists are concerned.

I need to build myself a new workbench. Ok, no trouble.. but I want to use beech as the wood. I've used softwood in the past and as good as it is it does tend to give very quickly no matter how good the joints. But can I find a timber merchant who stocks beech??? No chance.

So, can anybody recommend a timber merchant who has a good range of hardwoods (including beech) who is not too far from Stafford town centre? I'm actually about 10 miles South of Stafford but I use that as a reference point.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
have you tried the timber mill on the A51 just north of the Salt junction and before the speed camera at Sandon?

Hi there. No I ahven't...but I can certainly do so :) thank you for that pointer it is much appreciated.

Might be too far for you but you could also try Harlow Brothers in either Derby (main place) or Burton (smaller). I have bought hardwood from them in the past.

Sponsored Links
Hi there. Derby may possibly be a bit far but Burton isn't too bad if I cannot get what I'm after closer to home. I used to fish near to Burton in the Dove so I know my way there :)

Thank you for that information.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back