Deck mounted spray head for Bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, looking for a bit of advice before I take the plunge and spend any cash on summat that may not be feasible.

I'm going to be fitting a Carron Whirlpool bath and plumbing in an Aqualisa Quartz Overflow Filler so we don't have any taps on show.

If our lass has a bath, she would normally wash her hair while she was in it (I don't have that problem - bald as a coot !) but doesn't like the idea of "dunking" her head under the water to rinse etc and would normally use a handheld spray. Obviously with no taps there's no option to fit one so after stumbling across one of several deck-mounted spray heads online, I thought they would be a good idea as I could mount it to the wall at one end of the bath (they come with hoses of 1.5M~2M long and we could also use it to wash the bath down etc.

However, it dawned on me that the only supply to the bath is from the overflow filler control unit which is basically one pipe to the overflow filler, which is what starts/stops the flow. Could I intercept the flow to the overflow filler with a basic two-way diverter valve (one inlet from the Control Unit, one outlet to the bath filler and one to the spray head) and have the setup like that ?

In my mind it works but of course I'm not a plumber, just an enthusiastic diy'er.

I've seen a spray head I would like to buy but all the valves seem to be either just one in/out or one in/three out or thermostatic. I just want a valve (that looks OK) that will divert a single, already mixed flow from the Aqualisa controller to either the spray head or the Overflow Filler. Can anyone recommend anything ?

If it helps/makes any difference, both the Hot and Cold feeds in my house are from the mains, it's not gravity and I get an average of 2~2.5bar pressure.

Any pointers would be gratefully received.

TIA.

Sponsored Links
We had a overflow filler much prefer the standard set up we have gone back to,I have fitted a Hudson reed tap with shower attachment ,the shower fits in its own holder and the flex is weighted to retract.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back