Decking a basement area

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I live in a basement flat and the front 'garden' area is a miserable looking uneven concrete floor with a few cracks. It has poor drainage as a puddle forms at the bottom of the steps when it rains. It is also home for a manhole.

I wanted to add decking but I assume you would have to be able lift it up if access to the manhole cover was needed?

I was considering using decking tiles like these http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wc...ay?langId=110&storeId=10151&partNumber=014132 and using gravel to hold them in place, both as a base and around the outside edge.

Does anyone think it could work or have any different solutions?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Its certainly an easy way to do a deck - and that inspection chamber will need access at sometime in the future.
I think your gravel would be inclined to emigrate under the deck, unless the panels prevent this.....any surface water would also need means of escape.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back