Decking framework?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I was just after some advice on laying decking framework (2.7m x 2.85m)over a solid patio.
I wanted to use 4x4 for the outer frame,tanalised and then bitumen painted,and use 4x2 for the inner supports. Just seems wherever I read I should use legs,supports etc. Can anyone see any problems with my idea?
Advice really appreciated!!

Sponsored Links
No, just requires packing as required to bring level/flush...pinenot :)

Thanks pinenot,
I only need to raise it slightly,so I was thinking small red quarry tiles to lift it,and even just use 3x3 wood instead of 4x2.
Just read so many different things and complicated articles I am bamboozled.

You can actually take it down to 2" x 2" if height is not a problem, just remember to tack some 2" dpc under it...pinenot :)

Sponsored Links
Hi,
what would you recommend to pack/level out a deck frame over existing patio flags. They are reasonabley level but will need a lift in certain places.

Old roof slate, you can put as many as is required, failing that get some plastic packers...pinenot :)

Hi,
what would you recommend to pack/level out a deck frame over existing patio flags. They are reasonabley level but will need a lift in certain places.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back