Decking rules - help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
As a new homeowner I have recently had some decking built in front of the house as we have a 10x6 metre front garden instead of the rear.
The council have caught wind and I'm realising rather stupidly that this wasnt allowed without planning permission.

Because we live in a conservation area where they are extra strict we need to think of ways to compromise. Can someone tell me, if decking is built at ground height, is this still classed as a structure or would is then come under the same t&c's of paving?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Rather than making us guess a solution to a problem that has not been explained please explain what you have done more clearly and what has the council said.

And whilst you're at it, forget about this thread and start a new thread in the Planning & Building Regulations Section of the forum adding more detail and a couple of photos never go amiss. That way it will get more of a response from the forum members who understand the planning rules.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back