Defense Minister talks about Conscription

Reservists are good idea but given I am 5 years too old, its not for me to say how others serve.

Sponsored Links
We don't have a reserve these days. We have part time soldiers who get sent to war for 6 months of 24. They're used to fill the holes in the undermanned army/navy/air force.

The practical utility of a reserve is questionable. We aren't going to send human meat wave attacks, so without more tanks, IFVs and artillery what are more bodies going to do for us?

The General has to make the case no matter how tenuous so appeal to the wild eye cretins on here and it works.
Investing properly in the full time army goes hand in hand with preparing a territorial force. Personally I think the general is right, we are moving away from post war, and the next 20 years will be pre war. A look around Europe and the Middle East shows how close we are. Plus America under drump will shaft Europe

Investing properly in the full time army goes hand in hand with preparing a territorial force. Personally I think the general is right, we are moving away from post war, and the next 20 years will be pre war. A look around Europe and the Middle East shows how close we are. Plus America under drump will shaft Europe

How do we plan to fund this? So the millionaires and billionaires who stand to lose the most from any war are the ones who will contribute the least - well they pay taxes at a lower percentage of their income than the cleaners that keep their offices tidy.

So tell me what is the average person fighting for? To keep the status quo?

Why should you fight to maintain a system that has the poorest workers living off food banks?

Sponsored Links
How do we plan to fund this? So the millionaires and billionaires who stand to lose the most from any war are the ones who will contribute the least - well they pay taxes at a lower percentage of their income than the cleaners that keep their offices tidy.

So tell me what is the average person fighting for? To keep the status quo?

Why should you fight to maintain a system that has the poorest workers living off food banks?
I agree low taxation could make shoite of the whole strategy but America manages to balance enormous poverty with high defence spending so you can guess what the answer is.

I agree low taxation could make shoite of the whole strategy but America manages to balance enormous poverty with high defence spending so you can guess what the answer is.

The thing is they don't balance the budget.

The US has been running a deficit for the last 2 decades.

The national debt is 34 trillion dollars.

Well if it’s likely we will end up in some ground war with the Russians there would have to be conscription ( eventually )

And in any event if nato gets drawn into some type of ground war with poo tin which European countries could be relied upon ??

UK
Finns
Poles
Swedes
Norway

All the rest are probably flaky and probably cannot be trusted ??

IF trump pullls the plug on NATO ( unlikely) than its game over for Europe ? And Europe / EU will
Have drop there trousers and lube up for poo tin ??

Well if it’s likely we will end up in some ground war with the Russians there would have to be conscription ( eventually )

And in any event if nato gets drawn into some type of ground war with poo tin which European countries could be relied upon ??

UK
Finns
Poles
Swedes
Norway

IF trump pullls the plug on NATO ( unlikely) than its game over for Europe ? And Europe / EU will
You really think Germany is flaky and cannot be trusted?

UK
Finns
Poles
Swedes
Norway

The Finns will fudge Russia up so hard, they'll not be able to sit down for a hundred years.

The ones that don't want to be invaded.

You really think Germany is flaky and cannot be trusted?
You think they can be trusted? Think about it, another world war they’re involved in? Hmm.

You think they can be trusted? Think about it, another world war they’re involved in? Hmm.
A key part of brexhit propaganda was just this kind of line. They may have lost the military war but they won the economic one. Their far right inspired by poo tin

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
A key part of brexhit propaganda was just this kind of line. They may have lost the military war but they won the economic one. Their far right inspired by poo tin
I’m not up on politics, and have looked it up briefly, but still don’t get it. If they’re inspired by Putin, would they not b Allies?

Sponsored Links
Back