Deleting devices from the YALE 6000 series control box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Installed this system over the weekend. Works a treat and does exactly what it says on the tin. £200 all in all for the Home Premium system with additonal PIR, Door contact and keypad.

Everything worked apart from the keypad. Keypad could arm both home and away but could not disbale the alarm when count down triggered on entry.

So sent the unit away for replacement and got a quick turn around and received new key pad today.

So, just in case there are any tricky methods or so for deleting previous devices, I thought best to post here first as I have certainly been reading this forum a few weeks now and seen good posts from Yaleguy.

So Yaleguy I guess you are best placed to answer this, for deleting a 'device' and replacing it with my new working 'device' (hopefully), is it just simply > programming > edit/add device then select the previous key pad and just delete it?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

No the way to do it would be,
programming> devices > remove device

ie delete the original device first and then

devices> add device for the new one.

:)

It's very noticable that the Home Arm and the Away Arm only require the pressing of a single button on the keypad, but Disarm requires pressing of the green button followed by the correct PIN.

So I would be considering the possibility that the correct PIN is not being entered after pressing the green button.

I tried the correct pin various times but still no luck. Tried disarming right next to control unit just incase I was out of range. But forlorn hope!

So got my replacement this very minute to try out.

I'll let you know if successful all not. Thanks for your help.

:D

Sponsored Links
Well tuned in ok again and set new pin on keypad....been a long day at work.... it's working now! Green button! :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back