Delivering building supplies. Is it possible?

cant really see the problem. most builders merchants, especially smaller local ones will do their best and normally have smaller vehicles. Also there are plenty of one man band suppliers who have transit tippers etc that can cope with it. might be a few pounds extra but well worth it.

Are you doing the work yourself, or getting a buikder to do it?

Sponsored Links
Thanks again for the further replies. To answer the points rasied :

Did think about getting and old pickup or even just an old banger and cutting the top off. But the project would have been done slowly over a few years as funds became available so felt the cost of insurance road tax mot etc would have been prohibitive for this purpose. Did enquire whether if the vehicle was just used to pickup the loads from the point where the private road joins the public road whether road tax etc would be necessary but couldn’t get a clearly defined answer. Seemed to be a bit of a grey area as far as the law was concerned.

Like the mule idea, could graze them on the joining paddocks.

Thought most “sheds” used the same sized lorries. Did check the wickes site and seemed they would not be able to deliver. Perhaps the smaller / less DIY merchants would use smaller lorries. If it situation changes and seems like I will be able to get the place will make enquiries.

The 9ft part of the drive only services “my” property and the attached neighbour. She was an old lady who had lived there for 30+ years. She did mention however that the “new” neighbours had difficulty when moving in, how ever many years ago that was, and as such had to approach the property from the rear so to speak. Unfortunately since then that land was sold off and 2 houses build there so that access is no longer available.

Would have hoped to do as much of the work as possible myself and only get contractors in to do the work that was beyond my capabilities or not allowed to do cause of building regs.

Typical problems foreseen were things like building a double garage, no garage there at all at present, and how to mix enough concrete to lay the base in one slab since it would be unlikely to get a bulk delivery of ready mixed stuff to be pumped in one go.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back