Democracy? What kind of democracy is this?

People who say such garbage as "EU is biggest threat to democracy since Hitler's" .....clearly you don't take it seriously either.
We took the view of increasing German Federalism v V seriously.

Sponsored Links
People who say such garbage as "EU is biggest threat to democracy since Hitler's" .....clearly you don't take it seriously either.
We took the view of increasing German Federalism v V seriously.As usual the French would have let Germany dominate them.

Sponsored Links
You are obviously mistaken.

Would you say that England has a tendency to invade foreign countries, and is not good at sharing power?

Would you say that England has a tendency to invade foreign countries,
Germany has a tendancy to invade and we have a tendancy to stop them...FFS do not start again with Razzler and colonisation.

a tendancy to invade

You'll agree that England invaded most of the globe, and has hundreds of years history of doing it. Ireland, India, America, Caribbean, Australia, Malta, Gibraltar, Normandy, Australia, New Zealand, Gilbert and Ellis, Afghanistan, Canada, Egypt, Italy... there is no end.

And is so bad at sharing power that it resigned from a regional sharing organisation.

I do not have a great deal of tolerance with overly verbose people, invariably they are also pompous, arrogant, over bearing, full of their own importance and v very patronising.
I get you, you blame others for your refusal to learn. Your innate opinion of teachers also illustrates your refusal to accept new ideas. OK. That's a usual type of response from those that display blatant conformation bias, look it up, you won't believe me. :rolleyes:

We took the view of increasing German Federalism v V seriously.As usual the French would have let Germany dominate them.
Do you understand what the word 'resistance' means?
Do you realise that France lost more lives in WW2 than UK did?
I do understand that you want the world to wind back to the days of the British Empire, but those days are long gone, as are the morals and acceptable standards of behaviour.

majority of those designated nationalist voting and a majority of those designated unionist voting
Congratulations you got it right.
A majority vote is required from both communities.
There are 2 communities in N. I.
Everything is predicated on consent from both communities.
That will include any border poll.
Even nationalists have conceded that point.
The only other viable solution would be repartition.
As most Nationalists live west of the river Bann, it would be just a matter of redrawing the border, of course there would have to be voluntary population transfers for minorities on both sides of the new border i believe Margaret Thatcher considered such an option.

Varadkar used the photograph to show how far Ireland (N and S) had come in the peace process. He compared the situation of before the GFA and since.
He used it to show important the GFA is, and that it must not be sacrificed in the pursuit of Brexit.
Wouldn't you agree with him on that? That the GFA must not be risked in the pursuit of Brexit?
So you concede that the N. I. Protocol was designed to prevent violence, so if violence does break out, that would indicate that the Protocol is creating the very problem it was designed to prevent.

My all time favourite quote by Margaret Thatcher was:

“most of the problems the world has faced have come, in one fashion or other, from mainland Europe, and the solutions from outside it”.

How true.

you genuinely do not understand the Good Friday Agreement. But you are wrong. The specific requirement has not been formulated

Read what one of the Architects of the Belfast agreement has said.

https://amp-theguardian-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/may/19/sdlp-poll-united-ireland-trigger-conflict?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQHKAFQArABIA==#aoh=16142009118032&referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/may/19/sdlp-poll-united-ireland-trigger-conflict

Seamus Mallon ex deputy first minister on N. I. was an elder statesman in Constitutional Irish Nationalism.
Quote..
The ex-deputy first minister urged the Irish government and the other nationalist parties to embrace his alternative concept of “parallel consent” as an alternative route map towards an eventual united Ireland.

IMHO Any Constitutional change in Ulster would require a large majority in both communities.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back