Denso spark plugs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not a brand I've heard off til a few daya ago, but it seems they're quite reputable.

Have got a set (Denso TT) to go in my sister's Primera 1.8 P12.

Apparently the TT range is an upgrade on the standard spark plug and lasts longer.

Manufactured in Japan so well suited to a Nissan car, albeit Nissans are made in Tyne and Wear.

Sponsored Links
Thanks John!

I also have Millers XF Eco 5w30 and a Mann oil filter to do the service when I get the car next week.

The filter is tiny but then the 1.8 engine is only a 2.7 lite oil fill which is surprising!

Denso have been around for a long time, you might recall that they used to go by the name of Nippon Denso.
As I remember, they are part of the Toyota group and I'm sure these plugs were the factory fitment in Toyotas.
They are every bit as good as the market leading names, the only difference is that other names have been better marketed to be more popular.
Edit: I see John remembers them by their old name.

Sponsored Links
For some reason, NGK seems to be a motor factors favorite in the Durham area.

NGK is another of the Japanese sparkplug manufacturers, reputedly the world's no. 1. From my experience, they are good plugs. I always used them in my cars from the 1980s onwards and never had any problems. (Previously I used AC or Bosch plugs in my Vauxhalls)

NGK is another of the Japanese sparkplug manufacturers, reputedly the world's no. 1. From my experience, they are good plugs. I always used them in my cars from the 1980s onwards and never had any problems. (Previously I used AC or Bosch plugs in my Vauxhalls)

AC Delco are part of the GM group and all Vauxhalls were factory fitted with them.

I used to get 'Wipac' plugs, they were blue and only 3/6d against the others being 5/-, they worked fine.:)

Peter

Motorcraft or Autolite? Good old names
N5, N9Y and F7Y and you could cover most of the cars on the road.
99p for 4 when I started driving.

The service is done, the Denso TT plugs are in.

They were supplied in a sealed box, each plug its own carton with plastic shield to protect the plug gap.

The plugs that came out were standard NGK.

With the Primera 1.8 engine, the plugs are in the center under a plastic cover, each plug have its own spark head cap (if that's what they're called), the same as the Hyundai i20 arrangement.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Yes, those are individual coil packs you are referring to.
One of the most useful tools of all time is my magnetic plug spanner.....how I ever managed without it I'll never know!
John :)

My tip for fitting those plugs is to use a piece of servo hose, about 150mm long. Slacken the plug in the usual way with your your socket, unscrew the plug but don't take it out, i.e. leave it on the last couple of threads. Put the serve hose into the hole and push it onto the plug, it will grip the plug tightly enough to remove it. Push your new plug into the servo hose and screw it in until tight then, do it up with a socket.
You'll never cross thread it because the hose will slip if the plug goes tight. And, you'll never burn your fingers.

Sponsored Links