DEPRESSION

Completely the wrong way of thinking. It happens. The whole point is we as society are here to help. Bring it out into the open. Depression... don't be ashamed and don't hide it.

Sponsored Links
Completely the wrong way of thinking. It happens. The whole point is we as society are here to help. Bring it out into the open. Depression... don't be ashamed and don't hide it.

or maybe they want to chat in private......tbh, that's their business!!!

I am of the impression they want to talk privately about medication and effects Ed, rather than taking this whole thread privately.

For once all members are being very mature and sensitive and for that I think we should all be grateful. But please do keep the general discussion open on here. There are some of us who have lived with this/with someone with this and it is being very helpful.

Sponsored Links
I might talk deeper about this on a forum where the likes of Juvenile Obsessive Egos are not flexed, but that's not here unfortunately.

As much as I respect DIYnot and the many great members, personally, I'd much rather post elsewhere on such a sensitive matter. (Again, no disrespect to the good posters here and if anyone doesn't know why I'd say this... :rolleyes: )

So long as it's in an 'area' where trolls are not allowed/censored from being vile Ed...?

What re/assurance does anyone here have to open their heart and not be e-abused/flamed; like I feel I was?

I might talk deeper about this on a forum where the likes of Juvenile Obsessive Egos are not flexed, but that's not here unfortunately.

As much as I respect DIYnot and the many great members, personally, I'd much rather post elsewhere on such a sensitive matter. (Again, no disrespect to the good posters here and if anyone doesn't know why I'd say this... :rolleyes: )

I would like to learn of such a forum should you find one Big Tone. There certainly is a need for on, but for the time being this is the only one I am aware of, Why not use it, it may help.

My original posting was an attempt to help anyone suffering this depression condition either personally or knowing a loved one who is. The Black Dog video helped me enormously and thought it may help others similarly. Securespark is on the early part of the road to recovery and Mrs Secure may have got some help from the video. The personal message I suggested to Securespark was no more that a 'Metaphoric Hug', which may help or maybe not, but anything that assists in the long recovery process is worth a try. Believe me the road is a long and hard one and anything that eases the burden will be welcome.
Sorry if you thought I was trying to take this thread private as that was certainly not the case. The thread is helping me as an observer to the condition as much as anyone else. Please keep it going.

My original posting was an attempt to help anyone suffering this depression condition either personally or knowing a loved one who is. The Black Dog video helped me enormously and thought it may help others similarly. Securespark is on the early part of the road to recovery and Mrs Secure may have got some help from the video. The personal message I suggested to Securespark was no more that a 'Metaphoric Hug', which may help or maybe not, but anything that assists in the long recovery process is worth a try. Believe me the road is a long and hard one and anything that eases the burden will be welcome.
Sorry if you thought I was trying to take this thread private as that was certainly not the case. The thread is helping me as an observer to the condition as much as anyone else. Please keep it going.

It's me that should apologise. I hope for a speedy recovery. .. Depression not good at all :(

The personal message I suggested to Securespark was no more that a 'Metaphoric Hug', which may help or maybe not

It certainly was - and very much appreciated, thank you.

I was agog as I watched the black dog video and was in tears when I came to the bit where the character was being nasty to his family while the dog bit his hand.

I have had this illness also with anxiety, panic attacks for a long time, it dos'nt
go away, you just get better at handling it over time.Iv'e just been took off the sick, i'm no better than when i went on it.(money saving government)
I'm now expected to take any work, even whilst i'm under medication, and i could be a danger to others.
When i was first diagnosed, 20 yrs ago,friends came around to see me and talk about it, (was pretty taboo then), and a few realised that they were like me, suffering, but never sought help because of the embarrasment.
It is the most troublesome thing i have ever had to bear in my life, and iv'e been to some rough prisons.
I didn't read the whole topic, so sorry for any repeats.

yes! Just realised it's winter solstace...Happy days.

@ Securespark.

Don't beat up on yourself.

"Tout comprendre, c'est tout pardonner" (To understand all is to forgive all) ;)

It's a new year. Let's make this year better than the last by just doing our best.

BW

Tone

Sponsored Links
Back