DEPRESSION

That is when you start to understand the real truth! that is when you realise there must be something out there :LOL:
In our case my son was very successful in his chosen career, on the brink of a Board Appointment to an International company, then it all fell apart. I think the depression is amplified with thoughts of what might have been and that there is no career recovery. My thought is, who wants a career that does this to you, it is not worth it.
I'm afraid this is a common problem, it's all about money as money is the root of all evil. I have a friend highly paid stockbrokers decided to jack it in then got a smaller house from south to north for a slower pace life with a lower paid job doing painting and decorator, it's the best things he have ever done, also may have save him from any stress related illness

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
no-one ever sees this side of her, just me and the kids.

How come?

Clearly Tony you don't appreciate what depression does to a person suffering from it. They develop tactics for hiding the symptoms and inexplicably verbally snap at those most close to them and loved by them. Watch the Video and it tells you this. I have no doubt Daz's wife covers up her depression and takes it out on her loved ones. This depression is a hideous state of mind and only realy appreciated by the sufferers or close friends non of whom understand it.

I'm afraid I am guilty of just that.

I love Mrs Secure and the boys with all my heart, yet would shout and scream at them if they did the smallest thing wrong. I knew it wasn't really "me" and I couldn't understand why I did it.

It took us many years to realise that it might be depression.

Now I am medicated and recovering.

Thankfully, so are the rest of the family.

I'm afraid I am guilty of just that.

In my journey looking for answers to this affliction, this theme of taking it out on your loved ones is so common, then being the nice guy to everyone outside the family. Why this happens is still a mystery to me and it appears a mystery to everyone else. The 'Black Dog' video has a section showing it.
Mrs Secure must love you dearly to take it. Your boys will be confused by it depending on there age.
What medication are you taking?. My son has tried two different types, the last one of which was Sertraline. The side effects were horrendous and included Vivid Hallucinations and a period of Tourette's Syndrome, the latter was very very weird, the swearing word he uncontrollably used was a word he never ever uses in normal life. The episode lasted about a week and if it wasn't so serious it would have been very funny. This experience has resulted in him totally rejecting medication. Although everyone seems to be different with these medications, I am interested in your experience and what your medication is.

Sponsored Links
Back