Designing a full new install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Chaps.
In the change of situations that this year has brought I've tried to dedicate myself to getting past the hard sections of my build. As time moves on I continue to find better ways to do things which has lead me to making no progress in case I might think of something better in the future.

Either way, I took my old boiler out a year ago as I hardy have many radiators installed and it had a pilot light was just a money drain (I have an electric shower currently so not an issue in the summer).

The boiler took up a lot of space in a cupboard in my kitchen with the gas meter taking up the rest. I was planning to put the boiler up the attic to get this cupboard space back but am now thinking of going back to boiler in the kitchen but moving the gas meter low and the boiler high.

I think I shall be going Worcester Bosch with the boiler and installing it myself after the Gas meter is moved (Obviously with someone else doing the gas and commissioning). It's the rest of the system design that I am struggling with.

House info
Downstairs (Zone 1?)
Living room (connected to conservatory that I have no plan to heat at this point)
Kitchen (Convector heater)
Dining Room (This also has the stair in so heat loss to upstairs)
Garage? (Planning on a run to be able to put convector heaters in the garage in the future, it is fully insulated and built so it could be converted into a annex)

Upstairs (Zone 2?)
Bathroom
Ensuite
4 bedrooms and a study

So i thought with the size of the house (and current practice) that you had to split the house into at least two zones. The downstairs all on one zone with the option to turn the garage on or off as required seemed to make sense to me.
I have planned Controlled TRVs in the bedrooms as they are not all used. I now work from home so I really don't want to heat the whole house all day.
I'm really struggling to find an a control system that does two zone and in internet controlled (Quite surprised the bosch doesn't). I have played a bit with Samsung smart home stuff for the lighting but didn't get the heating sorted with it.

Any advice would be very welcome.

Sponsored Links
Hive multi zone will work or multiple Nest units. You could use one twin channel Nest, heating channel for say downstairs heating and hot water channel for upstairs heating with a stat in series.

Dan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back