desktop boots to a blank screen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, as i power up the tower, the monitor switches on, all screens with white data appear, the windows xp logo appears with the dots moving around the horizontal bar and then a blank screen. I can move the cursor around but there is nothing else happening, if i leave the screen the windows xp logo appears as if it is in standby.
I know very little about pcs so all advice is very greatfully received.
the tower is an OPTRONI. I cant see any other information on the tower except for a sticker with info regarding windows xp, serial numbers etc.
Many thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
It could be anything really. Without being able to narrow it down, the best advice I could offer is to try a system restore. That usually means pressing F8 n startup in Windows XP. Just repeatedly press F8 until options screen appears, select safe mode. When the PC boots, assuming it will in safe mode, you should get an option to select safe mode or system restore. Choose the system restore option. When system restore loads, you can select previous dates of when the PC was working properly. Select a date from the list that was before the computer started acting up. That could well solve your problem. Good luck.

Sponsored Links
Back