deta extractor fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Its just not my week , first the fridge freezer, now the extractor fan has gone on the blink.
O'h and in addition to these a lcd tv went kaput, (still under guarantee and apparently a common problem) and the lawn mower decided to throw a wobbly, turned out to be only a drive belt
Any way to the point ,the extractor fan which is Deta 225 x 225, and was fitted by a qualified electrician about 4 years ago just packed in .
It was wired to come on automatically when the shower was turned on and has a external combined fuse with the shower. (I think thats the right term)
I have removed the cover of the fan and found what appears to be a slight burn mark at the top of the unit.
Can anybody shed any light on what the problem is!
Oh btw the shower is working perfectly

Sponsored Links
drspock said:
I have removed the cover of the fan and found what appears to be a slight burn mark at the top of the unit.
Can anybody shed any light on what the problem is!

Your fan has burned out. Most probably the big resistor on the control PCB.

Bin the old fan, and fit a new one.

Your fan has burned out. Most probably the big resistor on the control PCB.

Bin the old fan, and fit a new one.

Thanks RF, but is it not possible to buy a new resistor, as from my searches, a new fan of this size is about £100.

Sadly, no. If the resistor has gone it will most likely have killed the rest of the components on the PCB too.

How big is this fan? Also is it 230V?

a decent 4" timer fan will cost around £20 - £30

Screwfix even have one for £9.59 including VAT

Sponsored Links
RF & securespark thanks for your advice.
Just one more point the existing fan is square shaped and I have not been able to find a Delta replacement, (they have probably gone bust)would you happen know of another make which will be compatible with the existing sleeve and external cover.
Sorry to go on about it.

Was the fan made by deta or delta

Sorry RF it is a deta.
God no wonder why I could'nt locate them I must have been typing in delta all along.
Ah well I can always put it down to my age, I'm the wrong side of **.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back