Detached Bungalow New roof cost

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Moving into a 1930s detached bungalow which still has original roof on. Looks like it will be needing a new roof and wondering if anyone has any rough ideas of costs involved? I have attached a photo of bungalow. We are in Scotland

Attachments

• 666121A1-C45F-4CEC-93D5-DD4EADBCA9B4.jpeg
    666121A1-C45F-4CEC-93D5-DD4EADBCA9B4.jpeg
    148.7 KB · Views: 95
Sponsored Links
What makes you think you need a new roof? Slate roofs have the longest lifespan out of any other.
3 like for like quotes to get a clearer idea..concrete tiles being the cheapest.

We took a builder friend round to view the house when we went to look at it and he said it will need a new roof. We are planning on doing an attic conversion so the plan was to do it before starting that. He told us to budget £20k for it but just wondered what others thought

If you are planning an attic conversion you would do the roof at the same time especially if you were building dormers. 20k would be a bit on the heavy side even for slates.

Sponsored Links
You certainly would not do a new roof first and then a loft conversion! that would be bonkers.

Sorry I did mean we would be doing them at the same time. Just obviously not internally to begin with. There will be no dormers added on but new roof and loft conversion told to budget 50k. Is this a really ridiculous costing?

Yes there are lots of houses on the street that have done the same

I think you will be disappointed with the outcome your loft if you spend 50k on it and don't put it any dormers, the space will be tiny and awkward

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back