Detatched timber shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to build a new timber shed of around 10' X 20' I need to do it pretty fast so if anyone has any plans (mainly a cutting list) that would be great.
Planning won't be an issue as it's well within my boundary and over 2 metres from the house.
Not too bothered if it' pent (front to rear) or apex but pent would be an easier build.

I have built my own sheds many times before but that was many moons ago and I'm getting on a bit now, but still looking forward to the job. :)

Sponsored Links
I built an 18ft x 9ft shed recently.

I used:
Walls
100 x 50 studwork
18mm osb
Tyvek housewrap
50 x 25 battens
Featheredge

Roof
150 x 50
18mm osb

Floor
100 x 50
18mm osb

What you need depends on what type of building you want.

Its definitely worth using a breathable membrane, then battens for a 25mm cavity, then cladding.

Thst way the breathable membrane makes the walls weathertight and the cladding acts as the visual finish. Also a cavity behind the cladding will create airflow and space for rain to run out extending the lifespan of the cladding. Although expensive housewrap is very good -worth the money IMO

Thanks Notch7

The membrane sounds like a good idea, I'm building a garage with workshop space at the back and with the car being a classic I think I will put in some insulation as well.
Was yours a pent or an apex roof?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back