devils expanding foam

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
now my bathroom has one large window and one really small window (it used to be two rooms). I decide to tile the whole room.... (ok i regret it now... try tiling 25m2 to 3m high!) the external wall was a bit rough, and as i'm no plasterer i though easy... i'll just ply the whole wall and tile onto that.
Now i hated the little window... no light and draughty anyway. so ideal opportunity to get rid of it. i'll ply over the top of it and then fill in behind with the expanding foam for insulation by drilling a 12mm hole and spraying the foam in. then i can tile over the lot. (next year i'll brick the window up from outside and repaint)
so i do it. lovely job. nice and neat. no mess or anything.

5am i get up to the call of nature... hmm cold in here
oh well.

next morning i'm in the garden.. whats that glass me thinks.?

i look up to the bathroom window and the expanding foam has blown the whole double glazed window out of the frame and left remnants of the frame hangin loose.... :!:

how much power has that stuff got. :?: :?: :!: .. now if there was even a call for identifying dangerous substances?!!!!

Sponsored Links
I currently have a 750 ml can of the devils foam - says it makes 37 litres !

That's quite an expansion rate - I guess your ply must be stronger than the glass :D :D

post locked to prevent hi jacking

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back