dewalt dc500

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
anyone reccomend this hoover? how long a run from the 18v battery. I wont be using it for wet.

b/

Sponsored Links
Its not a bad trade tool. I have had one for 4 years, it's been rolling around in the van dropped chucked piled upon and it still works as new. Looks rough!

Battery life is adequate, but don't expect a lot from the battery. Just a quick hoover up. If for instance I was core drilling and assistant holding hoover, I would plug it in.Wjereas if servicing a gas fire and hoovering up the debris in the catchment space battery should last.

Yes professional tool rugged and fit for purpose.

SHame it doesn't charge the battery when plugged in.

If you're looking for something to clear up a lot of mess get a henry. For something more portable to lug around to clear up small piles of rubbish go for the DC515N.

I've got all 3. For a lot of mess i use henry, 515 for clearing up after hanging a rad or likewise. The DC500 is mainly use wet for sucking out header tanks etc.

Mike

I wasn'tt aware of that new little dewalt.

I bought the dyson animal battery one for small jobs. Can also service boilers with it. Only need the bigger one for proper sooted up floor standers and fires. So depending what going in to do take in appropriate one.

The animal has as much sucion as a henry but low cpacity to hold soot and you're forever cleaning the foam filter from all the soot. But the battery outlasts the dewalt battery about 2:1.

Sponsored Links
thanks, will go for it if it can last 4 years in a van.

-but if it had batterycharger built in (and maybe even a radio), i'd get it even it was a useless hoover :)

b/

I wasn'tt aware of that new little dewalt.

Favourite use for it is holding the hose under the drill bit when drilling holes away from the main work area to save lugging th henry all over the house later.

Mike

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back