Dewalt stand with Makita MLS 100

Joined
30 Mar 2015
Messages
4,629
Reaction score
92
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve just brought a dewalt stand and the instructions on how to connect the feet to the saw are not very clear.

I’ve had to put the front bolts like this:
IMG_9217.jpeg
Else they interfere with the lifting off action.

The back ones have gone in normally, but I’ve had to slide the saw slightly back. Else he back bolts interfere with the lift off mechanism.
IMG_9216.jpeg

I am using a flat washer on the bolt side and then a locking washer and nut on the other end.

Can you please advise.
 
general comments

you really want the saw table bed to be more central as in forward perhaps 50mm/2" to 100mm/4"so when you push a bit off timber onto the fence its more stable
my fence on my dw712 lines up with the beam back egde

i fitted my dewalt saw to the clamps perhaps 15 to 18 years ago i vaigly remember something about short and long bolts being mentioned the bolts on mines all go up with nuts on top as designed as the slot holds the square on the head then they fully miss the clamp handles

remember you can loosly screw the nuts on then slide along the slot into position before tightening if they are top fitted nuts
 
Last edited:
forward perhaps 50mm/2" to 100mm/4"
There isn't much more room to push it forward from where it is. Are you suggesting that it should be pushed all the way to the front?
1790851321436.png


There's less than 2" inches left there.
If I do push it all the way to the front and even when I use the bolts the other way around (nut on top), it interferes with the clamp mechanism. That's why I have pushed it back until the back bolts no longer interfere with the clamps.
 
Just looked mines is fully forward on the front slot
I would look at cutting the bolt down and no more than a thin washer or no washer at all iff space is tight

I have just looked at the picture and unless I am having brain fog the saw positioning on the slot will make zero difference as its the hole in the base dictating the bolt position to the saw control knob
 
Last edited:
Just looked mines is fully forward on the front slot
I would look at cutting the bolt down and no more than a thin washer or no washer at all iff space is tight

I have just looked at the picture and unless I am having brain fog the saw positioning on the slot will make zero difference as its the hole in the base dictating the bolt position to the saw control knob
The length of the bolt is not an issue as that will be poking upwards. It's the head that catches on the lever. I am using a washer in that end. Wil remove that and try again.

What's the issue with where the saw is positioned currently? I thought the dewalt stop-ends can slide in either direction to catch the wood.
 
How are you finding the Mls100? There were bad reviews a while back about the actor the fence especially compared to the DW’s
 
The length of the bolt is not an issue as that will be poking upwards. It's the head that catches on the lever. I am using a washer in that end. Wil remove that and try again.

What's the issue with where the saw is positioned currently? I thought the dewalt stop-ends can slide in either direction to catch the wood.
Just ignore my brain fog comments above as usual I didn't fully read all the comments in sequence so misunderstood lol
 
How are you finding the Mls100? There were bad reviews a while back about the actor the fence especially compared to the DW’s
Really happy with it. Used in on multiple architrave and skirting jobs. Used different blades with it too. Have also used it for studwork. It's been a pain to do everything on the floor and hence the stand that I just brought. At some point, I will upgrade to a sliding saw but can't justify that at the moment.
 

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.


Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

 
Back
Top