DHW thru a towel warmer.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A customer, with unvented hot cylinder, has asked if it is possible to run the hot supply to a shower via a towel warmer so as to provide a small amount of heat to it while showering. Obviously in theory this is possible but ignoring the fact that the water will have cooled down somewhat by the time it reaches the shower are there any reasons why this should/must not be done?
He proposes to also fit an electric element to it.

Sponsored Links
It would have to be a non-ferrous towel warmer, not aluminium either.

I don't like the idea much, though.

Electric element on the domestic side of an unvented cylinder ( in effect) must be a Bad idea - and contravene a few unvented regs :idea: I`ve just picked up a all brass/ chromed towel warmer - wall mounted , not a million miles from Eastbourne - £10 ;)

Sponsored Links
Do not see alot of point to it unless you are going to have the towell rail as part of a secondary circuit ?

i've got the same effect but a different way,

got the hot tank heating coil return going via a rad in shower room, ideal for keeping hand wash towels dry when the heating isn't on in the summer

weve done it several times. stainless steel towel rail and always with a secondary pump.

Sorry If i'm being stupid but why not just isolate the the towel rad and just use the electric element. Switch it on as and when required, you could even connect it to a timer.
Gaz

Sorry If i'm being stupid but why not just isolate the the towel rad and just use the electric element. Switch it on as and when required, you could even connect it to a timer.
Gaz

See Nigel F's post !!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back