diappearing cable (and hole!)

Sponsored Links
This is what doesn't make sense.

You go into the loft, and remove the insulation.

You can find no cables whatsoever.

So yes - a false ceiling seems a likely explanation.

But we're talking about finding no cables which were running to the lighting in place before the Artex ceiling was removed, which would mean that that was already a false one.

OK, had sanity check, and was not going mad.
so the cable that I put a terminal block on had to be there just not where I thought..

Expanded the removal of loft insulation, and found old hole, that had been filled, very much closer to the new light than expected (she still thinks it was in the middle.. and could not have been there)

The cable must have been moved and covered when I first moved the insulation, the reason I knew it was not THAT cable was because it was the same thin cable used for the alarm system!!!

But it is connected to the correct cable a few feet away.
So off to buy some more cable, the downlight insulator covers ( http://www.tradingdepot.co.uk/DEF/p...ed Steel Downlight Insulation Guard Accessory ) Unless you know of better price!
and some chocbox connector blocks.

It had to be there just not where I was looking!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back