Got paint on earth cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I am just looking for a little bit of information. I moved a ceiling light from one point of the ceiling to a more central location. I didn't detach any cabling I just pulled it through the existing ceiling hole into the loft and made a new hole. I re routed the cable in the loft and reaffixed it to the beams under the insulation. The hole I made for the new site for the light was a little too big so i had to do a little plastering. I left the fitment hanging for a day until the plaster was dry and painted with emulsion. The thing is I got some of the emulsion on the bare earth cable in the fitment when I was painting the ceiling. and now the earth cable is coated in emulsion. Is this a hazard at all? Should I refit the light fitment on a new piece of the cable?

Thanks

Johno

Sponsored Links
Besides, you can easily take this emulsion off using a scouring pad or wire wool. As long as it's not on the point of termination then it isn't a problem.

Sponsored Links
or the back of a knife or side of a flat head screwdriver, turn electric off first though

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back