Did they have PME or TNCS in those days?

K

kai

cu1.JPG

Looking at the photo, you should see the Green earthing conductor connected to the service fuse block.

As green earthing conductors went out a very long time ago, did they really have PME all those years ago, or perhaps the service cable was renewed some time later?

Sponsored Links
yeah it looks to me like the service head/meter arrangement is much newer than everything else, maybe thier was a failure of some sort that forced replaement of the service cable.

The supply cable looks like a split-concentric, or if it is a straight concentric, it looks more like 25mm, which is rarely used on a service feeding a single head.

The DNO's also (in my area any way) will not allow a service head with an exposed earth terminal to be used for a PME supply, although in this pic the neutral conductor does seem to enter too far right for the neutral block to be split.

If it is split-concentric, then the supply would be a TN-S.

The 'security tails' used between the meter and the head are 'fairly' modern, so I would say the install is not ancient.

I see no wire seal on the head, only a tamper proof sticker. Has this fuse been withdrawn and not re-sealed??

my dads service head looks just as good as that pic, with same type cable and its been in since before 60's (TT supply tho)

Sponsored Links
:D :rolleyes: :D

I wondered if they were incoming services, and if so, why there doesn't appear to be any main bonding.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back