Did ya? Are you glad you did??

Brexit: Are you happy right now that you voted as you did?

• I voted out. I'm glad I voted out

• I voted remain. I'm glad I voted remain

• I voted out. I wish I'd voted remain

• I voted remain. I wish I'd voted out.

• I don't care any more

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Well at least we now have yet more proof that voting to leave the EU really was all about immigration and racism.

Sponsored Links
That isn't true. Where do you get this nonsense? The EDL website? Iain Smith?
It is true and I get it first hand from someone I am closely related to who deals with this every day. If you knew the amount of those with Hepatitis that are serving you up your food, you'd not eat a takeaway again. Nearly every pregnant women from one particular European country has it and I can tell you the common link is their partners all have tattoo's. They don't sterilise the needles in that country but don't take my word for it - put in an FOI request to the NHS asking that question. It costs a fortune to treat them alone.

It is true and I get it first hand from someone I am closely related to who deals with this every day. If you knew the amount of those with Hepatitis that are serving you up your food, you'd not eat a takeaway again. Nearly every pregnant women from one particular European country has it and I can tell you the common link is their partners all have tattoo's. They don't sterilise the needles in that country but don't take my word for it - put in an FOI request to the NHS asking that question. It costs a fortune to treat them alone.
It doesn't negate the fact that the cost of their treatment can be reclaimed from whichever EU country they originate.
Which refutes your original complaint.
I have first hand experience of the health service and I can tell you its being bankrupted by treating those from other countries that haven't paid anything into it and are never likely to.
EU citizens will have their own version of an EHIC card. Therefore the cost of EU's citizens treatment can be reclaimed form the appropriate EU country.
Your subsequent claim merely confuses and confounds your original complaint.

You are conflating "more than" and "higher".
There is a difference between comparative and superlative.

I am not conflating anthing.

I am pointing out a conflated claim.

perhaps you might want to specify what an average Brit actually is -it probably includes part time workers and retired people -so yes of course a full time younger immigrant will pay more tax.

free movement of people is a neo liberal policy to help fund the pension crisis by altering the ratio of young to old. Sadly its a pyramid scheme

I'm sure that not all Brexiters are racists.

Do we know any racists that aren't Brexiters?

(some stuff)

So the NHS costs £1.8 billion a year.

What percentage of this do you ascribe to foreign miscreants who have never paid UK tax or NI (I.e. not migrants who are working here)?

When the NHS is sold off by the Tories, what do you think the true reason for its underfunding will be?

Last edited:
All fine in theory unless they are going under an alias.

Conspiracy theories belong in the other thread.

https://fullfact.org/health/health-tourists-how-much-do-they-cost-and-who-pays/

From your link:
"Most Europeans don't have to pay for treatment themselves. Charges for patients from countries in the European Economic Area are claimed back by the NHS from their country of residence. ...
The vast majority of the costs for non-EEA visitors and migrants are not recoverable,

Gross costs to the NHS for the wider group:
  • £260 million per year for visitors and non-permanent residents from the European Economic Area (EEA) to England
  • £1,400 million per year for visitors and temporary migrants from outside the EEA to England, and irregular migrants
  • £95 million per year for English expats living abroad"
So Brexit will not resolve your concern. Does that mean you voted to Leave on a false premise?
Your apparent argument about costs are based on your assumptions about EU citizens using the NHS.
You have disguised your real concern regarding EU citizens by transmuting it into a concern about costs to the NHS, which does not stack up.

Last edited:
Looks like a Brextremist is trying to pretend foreigners are a burden on the country.

In fact they work harder, cost less, and pay tax more than the average Brit.

Yaxley-Lennon and his chums can't bear that.

yes of course a full time younger immigrant will pay more tax.

And they use the NHS and other public services less.

But neo-fascists usually hate foreigners so they like to make up and circulate hostile stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back