Did you know the word "Nappy" is now racist?

Sponsored Links
I guess that happened in America. Safe to say it here. They call nappies diapers.

Sponsored Links
Its a negative reference to Afro type hair

I see that, I was not aware,
but Im not PC so doesn't really bother me as Im only ever going to call a nappy a nappy. However these words that now cause offence only seem to trip up the Woke brigade.

Candace Owens and her chums must have wonderful time with these flakes.

The whole article is about a world I have no interest in, never heard of any of the participants either, sleep well

Great statement.
another world these people live in. What goes on in the USA should stay in the USA

Its a negative reference to Afro type hair
Who deems it offensive ? Can't see any resemblance between a nappy and an Afro, and in the link the didn't censor the word nappy, just the other 2 words. What those other words are is anyone's guess, the first is possibly ass, but why a member of the horse family is offensive beats me, but hey, let's not forget those people are American. As for the other censored word, not got a clue, but I doubt it's a real word.

Who deems it offensive ? Can't see any resemblance between a nappy and an Afro, and in the link the didn't censor the word nappy, just the other 2 words. What those other words are is anyone's guess, the first is possibly ass, but why a member of the horse family is offensive beats me, but hey, let's not forget those people are American. As for the other censored word, not got a clue, but I doubt it's a real word.

nappy (adj.)
"downy, having an abundance of nap on the surface," c. 1500, noppi, from nap (n.1) + -y (2). Earlier, of ale, "having a head, foamy" (mid-15c.), hence, in slang, "slightly intoxicated" (1721). Meaning "fuzzy, kinky," especially used in colloquial or derogatory reference to the hair of black people, is by 1840. It also was used of sheep. Related: Nappiness.

nappy (n.)
British colloquial for "baby's diaper," 1927, from use of napkin in this sense. Related: Nappies.

- https://www.etymonline.com/word/nappy

"Nappy's history is tangled up in the arrival of the first slave ships on the coastlines of the Americas in the 17th century. The likely origin of the term is the word nap, which was used to describe the frizzled threads raising from a piece of fabric. There is a lot of speculation that nap was redefined as a disparaging phrase for the coils and kinks in the hair of the African enslaved, in connection with the fields of cotton that drove the Colonial economy."

- https://www.npr.org/sections/codesw...l-roots-behind-the-term-nappy?t=1607092251040

It's a bit like fanny and muff.

In fairness to Chrystal its not world he lives him.... he never passed it as a law.

We are running out of words.... we should all start learning French or German as we won't have nothing to say soon.

Sponsored Links
Back