did you know?

david and julie said:
breezer said.

Did you know that "Father Christmas" was origonally dressed in Green.
Coca-Cola didnt like that, as it didn't suit them for their ads, so they made him wear red, and he has done ever since

Wasn't coke originally green?
probably turns your guts green drinking the stuff :)

Sponsored Links
AdamW said:
jasy said:
a credit card can be used to open some locks? They don't fit in the keyhole.

My credit card seems to open many doors.....

Did you hear that Sherlock Holmes and Watson arrived home late one night from a shindig and couldn't find the key, "no worry Watson old chap" slurs Holmes and takes a piece of lemon from his glass of G & T that he's still clutching. He rubs it all over the keyhole and the door opens, as if by magic. Watson drags himself from the floor praising the resourceful Holmes asking how on earth he had done that.........
"Lemon entry my dear Watson"

david and julie said:
breezer said.

Coca-Cola didnt like that, as it didn't suit them for their ads, so they made him wear red, and he has done ever since

Wasn't coke originally green?

In its natural, 'uncoloured' state it is indeed green. They reckoned no one would drink it that colour so made it a s h itty brown colour instead??

Sponsored Links
breezer

don't know anbout that one, but heinz did make GREEN ketchup about 2-3 years ago

I used to give my daughter so much 'stick' about covering all her meals with ketchup, the other xmas she bought green ketchup, thinking it looked ok...Wouldnt mind but she is in her thirties. :LOL:

and marmalade was made to calm the stomach...french translation the lady is sick!
nothing to do with christmas but someone threw in the ketchup!

breezer said:
AdamW said:
And wasn't ketchup intended to be a stomach-settler?
don't know anbout that one, but heinz did make GREEN ketchup about 2-3 years ago

I bought some in the hopelessly misguided belief that it was made from green tomatoes.... Wrong !!!

Next time it comes over the UK I'm going to try and shine my laser pointer through the windows... MWAHAHAHA!!!

That'll serve them right for the UK government refusing to fund manned space programmes... possibly.

breezer said:
here is one for you.

Coca-Cola didnt like that, as it didn't suit them for their ads, so they made him wear red, and he has done ever since.

dont believe me? watch tv next sturday

Ehum, sorry but you are wrong. Father Xmas comes from Santaclaus i.e. Saint Nicolas, patrent to children and travelers (no, all traveling people, going from A to B whenever). He was a bishop in Myra and bishops wear........ RED.
The coca cola detail is a hoax or even better: kidnapping of a traditional figure for commercial purpose.
Sint Nicolaas (Dutch) comes every winter from Spain to Holland/Belgium and brings presents for children. The US of A has 'kidnaped' this figure for Xmas (not all of it, Sint Nicolaas had black assistants, bit hard on the slave history in the 'good old' US of A, hence the elfs?) He rides on a white horse on the roofs and brings the present through the chimney into your shoes (if you have been a good boy/girl) You leave a carrot and water for the horse.

History, history, can't beat that ;))))

Don't show any young children this

No known species of reindeer can fly. BUT there are 300,000 species of living organisms yet to be classified, and while most of these are insects and germs, this does not COMPLETELY rule out flying reindeer which only Santa has ever seen.
There are 2 billion children (persons under 18) in the world. BUT since Santa doesn’t (appear) to handle Muslim, Hindu, Jewish and Buddhist children, that reduces the workload to 15% of the total — 378 million according to Population Reference Bureau. At an average (census) rate of 3.5 children per household, that is 91.9 million homes. One presumes there’s at least one good child in each.
Santa has 31 hours of Christmas to work with, thanks to the different time zones and the rotation of the earth, assuming he travels east to west (which seems logical). This works out to 822.6 visits per second. This is to say that for each Christian household with good children has 1/1000th of a second to park, hop out of the sleigh, jump down the chimney, fill the stockings, distribute the remaining presents under the tree, eat whatever snacks have been left, get back up the chimney, get back into the sleigh and move on to the next house. Assuming that each of these 91.8 million stops are evenly distributed around the earth (which, of course, we know to be false but for the purposes of our calculations we will accept), we are now talking about .78 miles per household, a total trip of 75½ million miles, not counting stops to do what most of us must do at least once every 31 hours, plus feeding and etc.
This means that Santa’s sleigh is moving at 650 miles per second, 3000 times the speed of sound. For purposes of comparison, the fastest manmade vehicle on earth, the Ulysses space probe, moves at a poky 27.4 miles per second — a conventional reindeer can run, tops, 15 miles per hour.
The payload on the sleigh adds another interesting element. Assuming that each child gets nothing more than a medium-sized Lego set (2 pounds), the sleigh is carrying 321,300 tons, not counting Santa, who is invariably described as overweight. On land, conventional reindeer can pull no more than 300 pounds. Even granting that "flying reindeer" (see point #1) could pull TEN times their normal amount, we cannot do the job with eight, or even nine. We need 214,200 reindeer. This increases the payload — not even counting the weight of the sleigh — to 353,430 tons. Again, for comparison — this is four times the weight of the Queen Elizabeth.
353,000 tons traveling at 650 miles per second creates enormous air resistance — this will heat the reindeer up in the same fashion as a spacecraft re-entering the earth’s atmosphere. The lead pair of reindeer with absorb 14.3 QUINTILLION joules of energy. Per second. Each. In short, they will burst into flame almost instantaneously, exposing the reindeer behind them, and create deafening sonic booms in their wake. The entire reindeer team will be vaporized within 4.26 thousandths of a second. Santa, meanwhile, will be subjected to centrifugal forces 17,500.06 times greater than gravity. A 250-pound Santa (which seems ludicrously slim) would be pinned to the back of his sleigh by 4,315,015 pounds of force.

How miserable, some people, eh, they just do NOT believe, oh well their loss.

REMEMBER THIS AT CHRISTMAS TIME

According to the Alaska Department of Fish and Game, while both male and female reindeer grow antlers in the summer each year, male
reindeer drop their antlers at the beginning of winter, usually late November to mid-December. Female reindeer retain their antlers till after they give birth in the spring.

Therefore, according to EVERY historical rendition depicting Santa's reindeer, EVERY single one of them, from Rudolph to Blitzen, had to be a girl.

We should've known... ONLY women would be able to drag a fat-ass man in a red velvet suit all around the world in one night and not get lost.
;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :oops: :oops: :oops:

WoodYouLike said:
Ehum, sorry but you are wrong.

yes i am sorry, you are wrong, as i said if you do not belive me watch tv this saturday.

As you know Father Christams does exist, but his origins are not 100% sure, Father Christmas as we now call him (or what ever) did wear a green "suit" which Coca cola changed to red.

Like most things in life it has been "corrupted" over time, the "origonal F.C. As was (which is whom i presume you refer to) sadly no longer exists. but the "big fat old bloke, with white beard etc" as we know him today did wear green

Bet you didn't know thar Dr Bird in late 1800's or early 1900's invented a food that would be easy on his sick wife's stomach.

It became Bird's Custard Powder.....

nelsy said:
............We should've known... ONLY women would be able to drag a fat-ass man in a red velvet suit all around the world in one night and not get lost.

Seems just about their right function in life !! ;)

Sponsored Links
Back